Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Congratulations to Eric and Stephanie for a beautiful wedding.  It was one of the most unique weddings I have been to that totally expressed their personalities.

I told Stephanie that the "Chuck Taylor" tennis shoes that everyone in the bridal party wore - are the exact tennis shoes I wore when I played basketball in high school.  What goes around - comes around.

Loved the worship song in the ceremony.

Really like Stephanie's song (that she wrote) and Eric's DVD (that he made).

Had a wonderful time meeting with all of their families at the reception dinner afterward.  Good food as well.

It's been a full summer of weddings, baby dedications and the like.

"Help" is a very poignant movie that shows Mississippi during the 1960's.  It will bring you to tears at the end. 

I don't think I will ever, ever eat chocolate pie after see that movie.

After we saw the movie, Debbie and I went out for some "southern fried chicken" and peach pie with ice cream.

If you see the movie - you will know why we did.

Saw some great friends last night - who are moving to Germany - Rick and Teresa Odden.  We are going to miss them dearly. 

It's nice to have friends that you can just "pick up" where you left off - the last time you saw them.

I know it is starting to sound redundant (if you have been reading my Monday blogs) but yesterday's Sunday morning service was another powerful service - full of God's anointing.

I have already received one report today, about someone being healed (Nancy Healy).  Praise God!

God is our healer!

Let's all reach out and "touch somebody" today for Jesus!

I like what David Dewes said yesterday, "when I receive from God I am filled," "when I give out to others in ministry I am fulfilled."

Might I add - we are filled to be fulfilled - as we reach out to others in ministry.

People need the Lord.

We desire people to accept Christ as their personal savior - and Lord.

We give God glory for the things he is doing in and through our church.



No comments: