Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It is all about Jesus

If there is one thing I know - it is this.  I don't like religion.  But I love Jesus Christ. 

I don't serve religion.  But I do serve Jesus Christ.

I don't care for the politics of the church.  But I do care for the power of God.

I don't like relational conflict.  But I do love my relationship with Jesus.

Every day, I face, as a follower of Christ, the choice to believe the feelings and attitudes of the statements on the left of the four sentences above - or the statements on the right.

What am I going to focus on?

If I continually focus on the fact that the religion, politics and relational conflict in the church is ONLY what serving Christ is about - I would really be tempted to do something else.

But thank the Lord, our walk in faith is more than that.  We can rejoice in the relationship that we have in Christ.  We can walk with power and authority.  We do have a relationship with Christ and not an old, dusty, dead religion!

I read this today (and it is powerful):

Renowned theologian Karl Barth was lecturing to a group of students at Princeton when a student asked him, "Sir, don’t you think that God has revealed himself in other religions and not only in Christianity?" With a modest thunder he stunned the crowd, replying, "No, God has not revealed himself in any religion, including Christianity. He has revealed himself in his Son."

It is all about Jesus.  "Jesus, come into my life today."




No comments: