Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Went out and had breakfast with the love of my life yesterday at Lume's (my favorite place for breakfast).  It was relaxing to sit at the counter with a great meal and the paper and good conversation.

BTW - the "love of my life" is Debbie.

In fact, a big breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day - it's just that I don't partake in one much.

Am thankful for a great staff that really came through Sunday in preparing and working at the picnic.

Great work Noah, Aldin and Amanda!

Also...many, many thanks to our volunteers at our church who were so faithful in helping out as well.  Thanks for your time and work!

It was a great day!

Beautiful weather.

Can't go wrong with Fried Chicken.

I really like playing 16 inch softball with everyone.

At our core - we are all competitive.

Thanks for coming to church last Sunday on a holiday weekend.  We ended up having a great crowd (for labor day) and excellent worship.

Here's a quote that I said I would put on my blog (from my teaching).  Someone in the audience asked that I repeat the quote - and I said I would repeat it in my blog.

Thomas a Kempis said, "Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be."

That is a challenging, almost overwhelming statement that is hard to do outside of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

May this week, as we remember 911, help us all to put "everything into perspective."

Love you all - George

No comments: