Total Pageviews

Monday, August 01, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Busy summer - weddings, wedding anniversary celebrations - and the "beat goes on".

Beautiful wedding for Scott Jones and Keren Fleishhauer last Saturday.  May God bless their marriage.

Great food at the wedding reception dinner.

Wonderful company as we sat by Frank and Sandy, Bob and Bea, Dan and Julie, Annie Arthur.

It's great to have fun with the family of God.

As long as we put Christ at the center of our marriage, any marriage can make it.

People need the Lord.

Thankful for the many who accepted Christ in our two services yesterday.  May they continue to connect with God and our church - and grow in the Lord.

God is good - all the time.

God is sovereign and in control.

The whole "debt thing" has reached a compromise in Washington.  Talk about "drama".

Can't we all just get along?

Let's all keep pray for the youth Honduras trip.

It was fun to "skype" the team yesterday and hear how they are doing.

It will be good to have them home.

My birthday is tomorrow - going to a White Sox/Yankees game.

Thanks to my wife for going with me.

Amanda did a great job in worship yesterday - we are grateful to have her here.

We are living in the end times.

The rapture is going to take place soon.

General Council is this week - to be candid - I am glad I am not there.

Hot, hot, hot, but I don't mind the heat.

This summer is going by fast, fast, fast.

Looking forward to Hal and Mary Kaufman's 50th anniversary party this Saturday.  Congratulations Hal and Mary!

I am turning 55 tomorrow and have two grandchildren.  Never thought I would reach this stage.

Thought about the whole "maturity" thing today.  I guess I should now be mature being that I am middle-aged.  On second thought, I think it is overrated.

Anyway, blessings, my friends, and stay cool!

No comments: