Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Great, great services yesterday.  I am extremely grateful for God's anointing and touch upon our church family.

Worship was powerful - especially during the altar call.

It "blessed me" (to use a religious word) to see most of our church family at the altar, seeking God.

Jeremiah 29:13 tell us, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."

We are seekers, Lord!

We long for your presence in our lives, that we might be powerful witnesses for you!

Great visual do see our ministry booths in the foyer.

I am grateful for our many ministry leaders and volunteers.  We depend upon you.  Thank you for your faithfulness and help!

They asked Yogi Berra one time (a very successful pro baseball player and coach) - "what makes a great manager?"  He responded, "great players".

What makes a great church?  Great volunteers.

We are saved to serve, not to sit.

Ministry is simply an act of service given in the name of Jesus.

I am looking forward to ministering to someone with a "pay it forward" card.

The foundation of ministry always begins with the little things in our lives.

Two experienced, effective missionaries shared with us yesterday - Dave and Carol Ellis - missionaries to Argentina.  God is moving around the world.

We love to give to missions at Stone Church.

I performed a marriage ceremony in Michigan on Saturday. 

I also saw my two grandchildren, my daughter and son-in-law and my daughter Becky.

I love them all dearly.

My granddaughter, Georgia, is the sweetest person on the face of the earth.

I am proud of all of my children.

Life's blessings generally come to us in the small things of life.

Watching cartoons with your granddaughter on your lap.

Having a hug from her on your way out the door.

Seeing your daughter and son-in-law doing so well and loving God.

Watching as Becky and George are succeeding in what they are doing.

Being loved by my wife.

May you be "blessed" this week in the "small things of life"!

No comments: