Total Pageviews

Monday, August 08, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Had a great time at Hal and Mary Kaufman's 50th anniversary party.

They had pork chops from "Hog Wild".  I ate the best, tastiest, most tender pork chop I have ever eaten.

It was touching to see them renew their vows.

7 people were baptized in water yesterday!

I can't tell you how many people specifically raised their hands for salvation yesterday (to connect with Christ).  Praise God!

More than at any other time in my lifetime - I really, really, sincerely believe that Jesus is coming soon.

Maranatha - Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Our God reigns - especially in the midst of the bad economy we find ourselves in.

Now is not the time to pull back in kingdom work.  God can ESPECIALLY do miracles during this time and we keep moving forward by faith.

Faith is not really faith until we do something that only God can help us to do.

Congratulations to Hannah Janel - going to High School!  We enjoyed your graduation party and love you and your family!

Busy week this week - a week where I will need God's wisdom.  I encourage you to pray that God will give me the wisdom and knowledge that I need.

White Sox win three straight from the Twins.  Go figure.  Just about the time I have buried them and nailed the coffin down.

I am thankful for what God is doing in our church!

Let's all continue to be faithful to our church during the summertime (or whatever church you regularly attend).

Again - I am thankful that God never takes a vacation.

Frank Wolf continues to amaze me at his stamina and energy in doing volunteer work at our church.

Am thankful for a wonderful and hard working staff.

Working in ministry is never, ever easy - but it is fulfilling.

Our church is just about ready to "explode" spiritually and numerically - I can sense it.

When it does - we will totally and completely give God glory.

On second thought, why not start today?  "God we give you glory"!

No comments: