Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The kingdom within us

Romans 14:17 tells us, "Once the Holy Spirit came to dwell within mankind, the Kingdom and all its power would be within us!  We now possess the power to advance the kingdom in the hearts and lives of others."

When I connect with Christ, the Kingdom and all of its power dwells within me.  Wow!

God's kingdom is a spiritual kingdom.  His divine nature that lives in me as a follower of Christ.

The same power that Jesus walked in (and operated in) is mine as His disciple.

John Bevere writes, (as will heart tonight - DVD series) "No matter if we are a businessman or woman, stay-at-home mom, doctor, school teacher, mechanic, student, politician, investor, realtor - our occupation doesn't matter.  He commissions all of us to advance the Kingdom."

The question is not, "do I have enough power to be effective in the world today," but, "am I going to make use of God's power that is already in me"?

I encourage you today to take advantage of and use God's incredible spiritual power that lies within you.  Don't let it lie dormant.  Pray.  Ask God to release His spirit within you - to do great and mighty things.

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: