Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Access

One of the things that I practiced when my kids were growing up was giving them immediate access to me as I worked at the church.

No matter what I was doing - if my kids (or my wife) called; I dropped whatever I was doing and spoke with them.

I am thankful that God is the same way.

God doesn't have an answering machine.  God will never put you and I on hold.

He is there every day, all day, at any time, to have a conversation with us.

That's hard to wrap our minds around, I know, but it is true.  That's why he is God.

Paul writes in Romans 5:1,2, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."

To put it simply (as we will hear John Bevere teach tonight), "faith is the 'pipeline' of grace.

He writes, "our faith is like a "PVC pipeline" that taps into and brings u the "water supply" of God's grace and presence.

Paul goes on to write in Ephesians 3:12, "In (Jesus), because of our faith in Him, we dare to have the boldness (courage and confidence) of free access (an unreserved approach to God with freedom and without fear)."

This free access is not just available to pastors, evangelists, and mighty men and women of the kingdom; it is available to you as a child of God.

Prayer should always be our first response, not our last resort.  You are not annoying God by your requests; he longs to be welcomed into every part of your life!

No comments: