Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inviting people to church

One of the goals that Holy Spirit has given me for our church family is to increase our desire to bring people into a connection with Jesus Christ.

Part of the process of fulfilling this goal is to invite people to come to one of our two church services on Sunday morning (8:30 A.M. and 10:30 A.M.).

I am currently in a series on the end times.  This week - the end times, the mark of the beast and the coming Great Tribulation.

Now, more than ever, I believe that Jesus is coming soon.  I believe that we are living in the end times.  I believe that the world is in such a mess that no man, no set of political "doctrines," so one political party can bring the solutions that we need.

What the world needs is Jesus.

Do you agree with me?

What the world needs is a connection and relationship with Jesus.

We have (as followers of Christ), if you don't mind me saying this without sounding self-righteous or haughty, the answer.  The solution.

Let me ask you a series of perhaps rhetorical questions:

What kind of fireman would you and I be if we didn't warn others about fire and how to put a fire out?

What kind of policeman would we be if we didn't warn others about criminals and how to fight crime?

What kind of doctor would you and I be if we didn't tell others about disease and how to bring about a cure?

What kind of Christian would you and I be if we didn't tell others about eternal life and hell and heaven and the way to Christ?

There are days when I wish I could just love people into heaven, but then reality sets in and I know that we have the responsibility to share the truth - and the truth in love.

Today is that day.  Today is the day for you and I to invite people to come to our church.  Today is the day to rise up and say, "I am a follower of Christ - and you can be too."

Again, some rhetorical questions:

What kind of fireman would we be if we saw our neighbor's house burning down and simply said, "It will burn itself out in a while?"

What would you and I say about a policeman who saw some criminals vandalizing someones property and simply said, "Well you know, boys will be boys"?

What would you and I say about a doctor who, when telling someone that they had cancer, simply said, "Take two aspirin and rest"?

We would say that they were not taking their jobs seriously.

My dear friends, let's take the fact that people are lost and going to hell without Christ - seriously.  By inviting people to church.  By telling someone about Christ.

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: