Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 31, 2012

When am I going to come to the point where I am totally dependant upon God?

I still, even at this season of my life, strive for that.

Looking out my window this morning, I see (even as I am writing) that the three baby robin chicks are growing.  Momma comes back to the nest with the worm and they lift up their beaks in anticipation of being fed.

The chicks are so helpless, so dependant upon mom and dad.

Now, momma is sitting on them keeping them warm (it is an unseasonably cold day in Chicago today). 

What care!

What faithfulness!

And in God's case - what love!

The writer to the Proverbs tells us, "We make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."

Let's not forget today -  you and I are totally dependant upon God.

And that is a good thing!

As we place ourselves in God's hands we are safe and secure.  We are satisfied.

We are in God's hands (and there is no other place I would rather be but in God's hands.

Dwight L. Moody told this story:

"A minister was one day moving his library upstairs. As he was going up with a load of books, his little boy came in, very anxious to help his father. So his father just told him to go and get an armful, and bring them upstairs.

When the father came back, he met the little fellow about half-way up, tugging away at the biggest book in the library. He couldn't manage to carry it up. It was too big.

So he sat down and cried.

"His father found him, and just took him in his arms, book and all, and carried him upstairs. So Christ will carry you and all your burdens, if you will but let Him."

My encouragement to you today is to let God carry you.

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: