Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The daily grind of inner turmoil

Here's what I know:

Life is daily.  And life is a daily grind.

Someone once said that the difficult thing about life is that it is so "daily".  And a daily grind at that.

We get up.  Go to work.  Come home at night.  Go to sleep.

Repeat the whole thing all over again the next day.

Have I encouraged you yet? 

Part of that daily grind can be a sense of inner turmoil.

We all have within us that "churning place."  It is in your stomach, on the upper, left side, (or right side), just below the rib cage.

When disturbing things happen, when troubling words are said, when certain email that contain ugly words or extremely critical comments are read, the churning start.

I know, and you know, that I know what I am talking about.

Some people feel it at the back of their neck.  Others in the form of a headache in a particular spot.

Some particular region that starts to grind within us.

There are any number of things that can trigger this feeling:

Bad News, strong fears, strained relationships, accidents, almost running out of gas, dental work, late-night phone calls, tornadoes, the list can go on and on.

David, in the psalms was very open about the inner turmoil that he dealt with on a daily basis.

He writes in Psalms 42:1-5, "Vindicate me, my God, and plead my cause  against an unfaithful nation.  Rescue me from those who are deceitful and wicked. 

2 You are God my stronghold. Why have you rejected me?  Why must I go about mourning,  oppressed by the enemy? 

3 Send me your light and your faithful care,  let them lead me;  let them bring me to your holy mountain,  to the place where you dwell. 

4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.  I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?"

And then David goes on to write (and it is a word of ENCOURAGEMENT) to us today:

"Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."

During the daily grind, we all come to the place where we have a choice.  Am I going to trust God's Word completely before the victory comes? 

Am I going to claim and believe the promises of God?

Am I going to continue to praise God in the "good times" and in the "bad times"?

God never stops being our savior.  God never stops being in control.  God never leaves us or forsakes us.

I encourage you today to "have a talk with Jesus"......and keep on lifting your voice in praise.

Just a thought for Tuesday.

No comments: