Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

The three robin eggs outside my office window (in the nest) have hatched.

The inner child in me marvels at God's creation.

Mom is "sitting on them" as I write, keeping them warm and fed.

At this stage, the little ones are not the prettiest things in the world.

It is interesting to me as to why momma robin chose outside my window to build her nest.  Maybe because it is protected from the wind and the sun.

Wonderful having my daughter, Christie, my son-in-law, Andrew, and of course our two granddaughters, Georgia and Kinley with us over the weekend.

As any grandfather would say, my granddaughters are two of the most wonderful girls in the world.  Beautiful. Smart.  Loving. 

There is nothing like having one of your granddaughters running up to you and giving you a hug and saying, "I love you grandpa" - and then laughing as you hug them.

As I am writing, momma bird just brought the little ones a worm.

Now "papa" bird is into the act.  He just brought another worm.

It's "family dinner time!"

Anyway, back to the weekend.

We watched T.V., played games on the floor, ate ice cream at Plush Horse (huge portions) and played on a playground.

Spending time with family is great.

Andrew and Christie are doing a great job of raising the two girls.

I am beginning to sense that we are starting, and I use the word "starting" with meaning, we are starting to establish our church identity in the Orland Park area.

More and more people from this area are beginning to check us out.

It has taken over a year and a half, but it is beginning to happen!

Praise God!

I really enjoyed worship yesterday.  Appreciate our entire worship team.

White Sox on a tear.  Maybe, just maybe, the might get into the playoffs.

Love watching Chris Sale pitch - key word "fast".  His fast ball is "fast" and he pitches "fast" (he doesn't waste time between pitches but gets the ball back from the catcher, sets and fires the baseball.

Robin Ventura is turning out to be a great choice for manager.

I trust that this week will be a week where you are encouraged and challenged to speak positively.  Anyone can speak negatively. 

Let our words be filled with positiveness.

Anticipate trials this week - and choose to react in a positive manner.  Remember, as the the people of Zambia, in Africa, have said (in a proverb):  "If you wish to have rain, you must be content to have mud."

Love you all.

No comments: