Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Positive people and negative circumstances

Here's what I know:

Positive people realize that God is controlling circumstances.

God is fitting everything into a pattern and His purpose is greater than your problem.

The reason why, over and over again in the Bible, we are told not to complain or grumble about our circumstances is this, complaining is, in essence, rebellion against God.

I love the story of the four-year-old who had one of those trouble-filled days.  After reprimanding him, his mother finally said to him, "Son, you go over to that chair and sit on it now!"

The little boy went to the chair, sat down and said, "Mommy, I'm sitting on the outside, but I"m standing up on the inside."

When I complain about my circumstances that are beyond my control, "I'm really saying, "If I were God things would be different.  If I were in charge the whole human race would be much better."

That's rebellion and that's why it is so serious.

We are sitting on the outside, but we are standing on the inside.

God says, "Don't do that."

By grumbling and complaining we are challenging three things:

1.  God's wisdom.

We are saying, "God, do you really know what you are doing?"  "Do you see what is going on?"

"Is this really wise?"

2.  God's care.

We are saying, "Do you really love me?  Really care for me?"

3.  God's goodness.  I am focusing on what I don't have rather than focusing in on what I do have.

I am being ungrateful.

Often the things that I personally complain about the most are often the very things God knows I need the most in order to become all that He wants me to be.

Just some thoughts for a Wednesday.

No comments: