Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Thoughts from the weeknd

Thoughts from the weekend:

Debbie did a wonderful job yesterday in speaking.

Many, many of our congregation responded by saying how God really ministered through her.

Truly there was an anointing of God's Holy Spirit working through her.

Thank you, Debbie!

What we go through in life can only make us stronger.

I am thankful for almost 32 years of marriage.  Through the ups and downs, our love has remained strong and consistent for one another!

I loved seeing the photos of our family - had not had the chance to see them in advance.

What I took away - we are all growing older and more "mature" - at least physically.

Worship was phenomenal. 

I shared today that many times in worship there is what I call a "holy roar" - where the volume of worship and music takes off - not due to the level of sound but due to the level of worship, worship that is anointed by the Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit worship is (can I say this - yes I can) FUN!

I love to worship God. 

I love to please God with my worship.

Had a wonderful time leading the wedding ceremony for Kathy (Hayes) and Matt Nicklas.

Two great young people who love God.

They are going to have a long, fulfilling marriage with one another.

Wedding ceremony don't have to be "spectacular" to be either meaningful or beautiful.

Simple elegance (in my opinion) is always best.

Thanks to the Hayes family for letting me lead the wedding.

It was my first Saturday morning wedding.  I like the idea of a Saturday morning wedding with a reception in the afternoon.

I am grateful that God is blessing us with younger couples. 

I am grateful that God is blessing our church with younger singles.

We are blessed.

Thank you for being faithful to our church.

It is a privilege serving you as your pastor.

Debbie and I love you all a lot!

No comments: