Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

Great having my son, George with us over the weekend.

We looked at the pictures he took of his recent trip to Uganda - wonderful stuff.

Saw the movie the "Avengers"  (with my men's life group and spouses):  loved it when the Hulk took the "bad guy (who thinks he is a god)" and tossed him around like a 3 year old tossing around a little doll. 

It reminded me of the authority we have over the enemy - Satan - who calls himself "god".

I really like the folks in my life group.  I love them in the Lord - but I like them as well.

I am thankful that God not only loves me but he likes me.  Have you ever thought of God that way?

Congratulations to the White Sox for their sweep of the Cubs.

Maybe, just maybe, the Sox might make the playoffs.

Robin's nest update (outside my church office window):  There are now three turquoise eggs in the nest.

Met several new people Sunday morning, "checking our church out".

My prayer is that God will continue to send us people who need the Lord - and can help us in ministry.

God is much more interested in changing me than he is in changing my situation.

Thankful for a church family who is faithful in their giving of their tithes and offerings.

Mine is to be faithful, God's is to move as He sees fit.

Mind is not to reason why, mine is but to do or die (in God's work).

Our new intern, Tabitha Walk, is with us for two months.  She will be participating in all facets of the church.  Youth ministry.  Children's ministry.  Speaking.  Hospital visitation.

Training young people for ministry is a great privilege.

I encourage everyone to remain faithful throughout the coming summer months.

Love you all!



No comments: