Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Christmas!

My prayer is that everyone will have a meaningful, peaceful Christmas.

The world is gravitating to "happy holidays." Let me say to you, "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!"

This is a prayer to God:

"Thanks, God, for the gift of your Son. I deeply appreciate the way that you forgive me for my mistakes and failures, lift me up when I am down, and strengthen me along the way.

Father, let me pray Psalms 93:

Lord, your reign, how majestic are your outer garments! You are clothed in majesty and as strong as an ox. In the midst of war, earthquakes, famine, hurricanes, and financial stress, you are in control!

You've been in control since the beginning of time, I am thankful that is an absolute that I can hang my emotional hat on.

Even nature is a sign that you are to be praised!

You are stronger and mightier than anything that this world might throw at us. I trust in you.

Your Word helps me and keeps me today and forever more!"

2 comments:

Teresa O. said...

You said this wonderfully. My words could never fully express my love and gratitude for my Jesus. Each year He makes himself more known to me, for which I am truly thankful and in awe. I am surrounded by his love and blessings in my life and most of all His constant grace and patience with me. Christmas is truly about Jesus and there is no question the joy we feel everywhere we go is because of His great love. He has never ever failed me and I know I can move into a New Year knowing he is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Jon said...

That Happy Holidays thing gets me. Holiday is a reconstruction of Holy Day so by using it, people are actually giving more credit to the holiness of the day for the world. I point that out when I can to people who don't want to say Merry Christmas. When they look stunned, I give them this alternative, "Happy Festive Occasion Timeframe." That boggles them and is so unwieldy, I usually get a Merry Christmas. Political Correctness is nuts!!!

But I rest in the fact that I know the specialness of the day and of the Son of God we celebrate coming on this beautiful day. They know too, and making the effort to not use Merry Christmas just drives home to some of them what they ignore. Use the situation to open up a meaningful dialogue with folks...God's word will not come back void.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. May God's wonder, love, and mercy be with you through this holy day period and throughout the year(s) to come. All our love to all of you.

Jon