Total Pageviews

Monday, December 05, 2005

Being spiritually free

You know, it's a great paradox. Being spiritually free means that I give my life totally to Jesus.

And the more I give my life to Jesus - in other words, the more I converse with Him and speak with Him and listen to Him, the more I realize that I do not have to worry about what to say or do in unexpected, difficult circumstances.

It frees me from being concerned about what others think of me or what :I: will get for what I do!

The right words and actions spontaneously come from a heart that is in total synch with God, who makes us His children and sets us free.

God speaks and acts though us.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 10: 19,20, "When you are handed over, don't worry about how to speak or what to say; what you are to say will be given to you when the time comes, because it is not you who will be speaking; the Spirit of your Father will be speaking in you."

Today, I once again throw my trust into the hands of a loving God who lives in me, and by so doing I can live freely in a world that judges, evaluates and criticizes.

In Jesus is true freedom!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Yet I still have to watch my tongue for it is sharper than a sword at times. I ask forgiveness for any time that I may have offended and pray that others will share with me when I hurt them. In fact, I pray that others who have concerns or questions about my life, my behavior, my standards (which are God's), or my attitude would have the faith in God to approach me and speak with me on the issue(s), which is a Biblical precept.

I pray that I can always speak with a Godly tongue, with wisdom and compassion. God can do that work in me, in my life, and I have faith that it will be done. As such, I need not fear what man thinks of me...instead I need to satisfy the expectations that God has of me. If I can do that, man will have nothing to reproach me for in my speech or my conduct.

God bless and keep all of you

Jon

Teresa O. said...

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." I love that verse and it took me years to truly understand it's meaning. The Devil can beat us down in our minds with all the sins of our past and the mistakes, and lack of abilities. But when we truly rely on the Lord, there is a freedom that comes with it. As we rely on the Lord He helps change our desires from self-focus to being God focused. It is not something I turn over once, it is a constant putting off of the flesh so that I don't be concerned what man can do to me. I fail often, but He helps me go back again and again to rely on him and no other.

On a side note, if you haven't already gone through Cleansing Stream - do it! I felt I waited my entire life to for something like this. The retreat is a must and if you are looking for freedom in Christ, this is it. Whether you are struggling with things today, generational sins, curses, etc. this time of cleasning is freeing. God will speak directly to you during this time.