Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holding on to Jesus

Life is hard.

Life is unpredictable.

It's amazing the seasons we go through in life when it seems like "nothing is going right."

We can be happy one day and sad the next, healthy one day and sick the next, rich one day and poor the next, alive one day and dead the next.

Up and down, in and out, victories and defeats, life is anything but constant.

I would suggest to you that the only thing that is constant in our lives is a relationship with Jesus. Jesus Christ. Emmanuel or "God with us."

Born on Christmas day to save us from our sins.

In our rollercoaster world, Jesus is there to help us feel secure. Jesus is there for us to hold on to. Jesus is there at all times and we can trust in His presence.

Jesus is our Lord, our shepherd, our rock, our stronghold, our refuge, our brother, our guide and our friend.

During times of difficulty, I hang on to Jesus.

But even more importantly than knowing that I can hang on to Jesus is the fact that Jesus is hanging on to me. I'm in the palm of His hand.

Paul writes that, "neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nothing already in existence and nothing still to come, nor any power, nor the heights nor the depth, nor any created things whatever, will be able to come between us and the love of God, known to us in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

2 comments:

Jon said...

In the good times, we sing His praises...in the bad times, we SING His praises. God never leaves us, never forsakes us, always forgives us, and ALWAYS loves us. It doesn't get any better than that, my friend! In the bad times, rejoice in His comfort, sing of His love and power, speak of His mercy and grace, but most importantly, love Him back! God wants a relationship with us...He gave His Son so that could be accomplished. Revel in that loving relationship, dwell in the love that God has for you. When things are at their darkest, God only shines brighter...embrace that and believe it.

"Depend upon the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

"Whoever listens to what is taught will succeed, and whoever trusts the Lord will be happy." Proverbs 16:20

"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend upon your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all that you do, and He will give you success." Proverbs 3:5,6

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. (Business axiom) The plan is in place, now trust and depend upon the Lord. God loves you!

God bless,

Jon

Teresa O. said...

I actually like the spiritual side of the others as well as yours Rick, which helps me put things into even more human terms. Many of the verses John quoted are ones the Lord has given me at one time or another during times of despair.

I do hang on to Jesus, whether times are good or not. I have learned the good times don't last forever so I better be prayed up and strengthened for the next trial. Jesus has taught me through staying continually close to him he will prepare me for what is ahead. I can always look back to the see the path he took me through, which prepared me for devastating times. He truly holds onto us, whether we are faithful or not, but if we are faithful, how much more he will take care of us if we allow him to when life is at it's best. Don't wait for a bad day, start today in trusting and holding on to Jesus!