Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 29, 2014

When to ask for help

Here's an interesting question:  When should you ask for help?

Of course we should be dependent upon the Holy Spirit in all things.  We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

We need the Holy Spirit.

We need God.

But when should you ask for help from others?

The longer I walk in Christ, the more I realize that we really do need each other.

I need you.  You need me.  I need the church.  The church needs me (and you).

I hear people say, "I find it difficult to ask for help." 

Or, "I know from experience that no one will help."

Those are myths.

I believe in the principle of synergy, that two working together can accomplish far more than just one.

The Bible says in Deuteronomy 32:30, "How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock has sold them, unless the Lord has given them up?"

One can put a thousand to flight - two can put ten thousand to flight.  The number dramatically increases with just two working together.

But when should you ask for this help?

Some suggestions:

When the challenge is bigger than you.

When the challenge is personal.

When you have share the problem with God.  The first person to talk to is God.  Always.  No exceptions (we will be looking at this on Sunday morning).

When you know you are walking in God's will.  God will rarely put you in a position where you don't need the help of others in accomplishing His plan for your life. 

When people oppose you.  Whenever you move forward (in any area of life) you will always face opposition.  The enemy will turn up the heat in your life.  Don't give up.  Seek help from others.

Let me share this with you - many times you are praying for a miracle, when that miracle is right there with you in the form of someone(s) who can help  you.  We just need to work together.

No challenge you face is too big when you have help.

So, as we talked about dreams yesterday, when God gives you a dream (vision, goal), one of the first questions you should ask is:  Who can help me accomplish this dream?

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: