Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How do we receive power?

Okay, we saw yesterday that power, spiritual power comes from God.

But how do we receive that power?

It is very simple.

To receive the power of God - you and I are to do the opposite of what we think we're supposed to do!

The kingdom of God (especially the teachings of Jesus) are very paradoxical.

If you want authority - you must be under authority.

If you want to live - you must die (spiritually).

If you want to receive - you must give.

Have you ever noticed that with God (and in spiritual matters pertaining to your walk with Christ) it is always the opposite of the world's ways?

So how do you receive power - the power of the Holy Spirit?

By giving up the right to power.

In other words, we must become servants.

James 4:10 states, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

Power comes from God - right?  We saw that.

So it is God who lifts us up, or gives us power.

Pastor James tells us that if we want God to lift us up, or give us power, we must humble ourselves in His sight. 

The Bible tells us that (I Peter 5:5) God resists the proud - or comes against them.

Here's the word of the day:  It is impossible to walk in God's power while walking in pride at the same time.

When we walk in pride - here is what happens:

God hands us an assignment and says, "Stay behind me - I will go before you."

You say, "Not necessarily God, I don't need you."

God says, "What?"

You say, "I think I can do this by myself." 

And then you step out from behind God, and try to move forward on your own.

And God will let you do that!

And not only will God let you do that - but he will actually turn around and resist you!

My desire is to do my best to walk in humility before God - and with the help of His Holy Spirit.

Life is hard enough without God resisting me as well.

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: