Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Again - "Pay it Forward"

The main focus of my "pay it forward" participation (at the beginning of September) was at the Starbucks around the corner from our church.

"Pay it forward" is where you or I pay for someone's meal or purchase as a token of love and servanthood - with the idea that they will "pay it forward" to someone else.

It's been almost three months - and it is still talked about at the Starbucks with those who work there.

I drove through the drive thru today, and the server there told me this story:

She said that someone else this week came through the drive thru at Starbucks and told her that she wanted to pay for the person behind her.

When she asked, "how much," the server at Starbucks said it was over nine dollars.

The woman in her car said something like, "really?  What did they get?"  And then decided not to pay for the person behind her.

The server at Starbucks complimented me for my paying for the people behind me (last September) no matter what the cost - and she said, "the world would be a better place if everyone were like you."

Now, it's not me she is talking about personally - but simply the idea of reaching out and helping someone in love.

May we all reach out this week with a verbal word of encouragement or an actual action of love.

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: