Total Pageviews

Monday, November 07, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Excellent Sunday morning services yesterday!

Seeing people praying around the altar is encouraging.

God's ministry presence was felt in our worship!

I am thankful for worship leaders who worship while they lead!

Yesterday was Amanda Boon's one year anniversary.  Thanks to Amanda for her leadership in our worship and fine arts ministry.

God does oppose the proud - I desire to walk in humility.

That is a daily process.

Some days we walk in the spirit - other days we walk in the flesh.

My desire is to have more spiritual days than fleshly days.

Part of spiritual maturity is doing what is best for the group and not for the individual - and following through on commitments.

To find someone who is committed to God's kingdom - priceless.

Debbie and I attended Leo and Mary Ann's life group last night - wonderful!

Great fellowship, good food, wonderful discussion of 1 Peter 1:3-5.

I love to hang out with God's people.

We have a lot of good people in our church who love God and each other.

My daughter, Christie, and son-in-law, Andrew sent pictures of Georgia and Kinley (my granddaughters).  They are beautiful.

Being a grandparent brings a tremendous amount of joy in my life.

I've never really completely understood Paul's statement in Philippians 1:21 until recently:  "For me to live is Christ - but to die is gain."

Some scriptures are never completely understood until we reach a certain age or season in our lives.

Would I like to be in heaven?  Yes.  Is there much more to do on this planet while I remain?  Yes!  People to lead to the Lord.  Leading people to Christ.  Loving my family.

I am for the Chicago Bears tonight as they play the Philadelphia Eagles.

Go Bears (tonight)!

Didn't get to see the Dallas Cowboy game - but they won - I guess it was an "ugly win".

Can't wait to see my kids and family at Thanksgiving.

I love my wife - my best friend - and biggest fan and cheerleader.

Let's all have a great week - and depend upon the Holy Spirit to walk in the Spirit!

No comments: