Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 01, 2011

"I am not a grasshopper!"

The Bible is a book of pictures.

Scripture gives us a picture of God, a picture of the devil and a a photo (God's photo) of you and me.

We will accept one of these three possible evaluations of our lives.

What you think about you.

What Satan thinks about you.

What God thinks about you.

Whose "photo" of you are you going to believe?

In Numbers 13, we see the nation of Israel sending 12 spies into the "promise land" to check it out.

A reconnaissance patrol so to speak.

10 "spies" came backing saying, "In our opinion, we are like grasshoppers.  Even the giants think we are like grasshoppers."

2 spies (Joshua and Caleb) came back saying, "we can go in and take the land."

I've heard a lot of people talk as if they belonged to the First Church of the Grasshopper!

"I am nothing," they say.  "I am unworthy."  "I can't do anything."

Let me ask you this - Did God create you?  Yes.

Does God create trash?  No.

God doesn't create cheap merchandise.

We are his creation.

We have worth.

We have value.

God desires that you succeed in life.  God desires that you live in faith and power.

I encourage you to quit saying, "I am stupid, I am dumb."  I encourage you to stop all of the negative self talk that flows through  your mind every day.

Instead, have the mind of Christ. 

Think to yourself and even say aloud, "I have the mind of Christ.  In Jesus Christ, I am somebody.  I can do all thinks through Christ who strengthens me."

My dear friend, you are no Grasshopper!  So quit talking like one!  Quit living like one!

Be God-conscious, not giant-conscious.

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: