Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Geese, unity and encourgement

I am sitting here in my office on a late Tuesday afternoon, paused, and caught the sound of geese flying above our church building.

Honk, honk, honk.

We have a lot of them around us this time of year, mainly in the field next to us.

When I hear that sound, I go back to the illustration of encouragement and unity that I have used for years.

Geese fly together in a "V" formation. 

They do that because it actually gives them 71 percent more efficiency in their flight and journey.  When one goose is in trouble, two leave and join the one goose until it can get back up in the air again.  They're committed to each other.

We all need encouragement from time to time and we all need to give encouragement to others (what goes around comes around).

Encouragement, it is said, is like peanut butter on bread.  If you spread it around, it just helps things stick together better.

Can I ask you to do something this week?  Encourage someone around you - whether they "deserve" it or not.

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: