Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

It's a beautiful day today - and I am really getting geared up for my favorite day of the year - Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to seeing family.

Looking forward to seeing my children (and son-in-law).

Looking forward to seeing my grandchildren.

I have much to be thankful for.

We continue to see numerous guests come to our Sunday morning services!

We continue to brainstorm on how we can do an even better "job" at connecting these wonderful people to our church family.

All we can do is be faithful.

As we are faithful with a little - God will give us much.

Let's focus in this week (and be thankful) for what we DO have and not on what we DON'T have.

As I change myself, people around me will change.

I can't change anyone - only God can change people.

I am responsible to people, but I am not responsible for people.

Attended David Dewes life group Saturday evening.  Wonderful time of fellowship. 

David "slow cooked" a Turkey - It was delicious.

Meet a new family - who also invited another family to come yesterday.

God is up to something good!

I am thankful for a group of men in my men's life group (we meet last Saturday morning) - who desire to grow in God.

Great leadership potential in the lives of the men in my life group.

My desire is to see lives transformed by the power of God's spirit.

The Dallas Cowboys record:  6-4.

Who would have thought they would be in first place on November 21st?

I am thankful for a great pastoral staff to work with.

I am also grateful for a wonderful support staff!

Thanksgiving:  Food, Fun, Fellowship, Family, Football - and most of all - giving thanks to the Father.

I say, "Be blessed this week"!

Love you all, George

No comments: