Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Breath of God

It is continually amazing to me that God's spirit lives in me as a follower of Jesus Christ. God is a trinity - three in one. He is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Greek word for "spirit" is pneuma, which means "breath".

The Spirit of God is like our breath.

Rarely do we notice our breathing on a daily basis unless something is wrong. It is something that is just "there." Yet, who can live without breathing?

In the same way, none of us can live spiritually without the breath of God in our lives.

I need the Spirit of God in me.

Without the Spirit, the "breath" of God in me, it is very difficult to offer gifts of love, forgiveness, kindness, goodness, gentleness, peace and joy.

I encourage you to pray today, "come, Holy Spirit, come in my life."

No comments: