Total Pageviews

Monday, November 17, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:
 
I'm not quite sure how many volunteers we have on a typical Sunday morning to facilitate all of the ministries of our church - but there are many.
 
And to all of  you who help out - a huge thank you!
 
We are very appreciative of your time and help.
 
I participated in a very productive meeting with Bobbie Dirks (our new head of our greeters and welcome booth ministry) and Tom Kirchner and Jon Gerstenkorn!
 
I really appreciate their burden and desire to see that everyone is welcomed to our church on a Sunday morning.
 
Upward Basketball.  Still time to sign up!
 
I know that you will agree with me that worship was powerful, anointed and encouraging yesterday.
 
I especially enjoyed to flute solo.
 
Thought for today:  Just about the time you are ready to give up - that is the time God is ready to step in and His thing.
 
Many thanks to the young men in our youth group who stood and cheered as I wore turquoise tennis shoes and jeans in their honor!
 
I must say that wearing jeans was very, very comfortable.
 
We are building moment as to the theme for our church family in 2015.  More to come.
 
What I didn't get to yesterday (in my teaching):
 
In spite of my circumstances:
 
I can be joyful because God is with me. 
 
I can be joyful because God has a plan for me.
 
I can rejoice because God will help me.
 
I am to focus on God's power rather than my problems.  Psalms 62:8:  Trust in God at all times; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." 
 
Paul writes in Philippians 4:13, "For I can do everything with the help of Christ who give me the strength I need."
 
Do you need strength today?  Draw from God's power. 
 
Love you all.....

No comments: