Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gratefulness

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is found in Luke 17:11-19

Jesus is on his way to Jerusalem, traveling along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 

As he is going into a village, ten men with leprosy encounter him.

They stood at a distance (because of the physical threat of getting leprosy - like Ebola - and also because it was the cultural norm) and shouted, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"

Jesus basically replies, "Go and see your doctor" - and as they did - they are healed.

One of them comes back and praising God at the top of his lungs, throws himself at the feet of Jesus - and thanked him. 

The other nine did not.

This really bothered Jesus - a lot.

He tells the one who came back to thank him - "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."  In other words, your gratitude will heal you in your emotions and mind as well as you body.

Today, I want to emulate the one that came back to thank Jesus.

Yesterday, I went to my doctor who examined my blood work from two weeks ago and the CT Scan I had last week.  (I am on a schedule of 3 month checkups after the tumor was taken out of my stomach in April).

Everything was clear

I am very grateful.

Thank you, Jesus.


No comments: