Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Now or Forever?

Are you living for the "now" or are you living for the "forever".

It's a huge question for all of us - especially as followers of Christ.

Every moment, of every day, you and I have a choice.  Will I live for the moment?  Or, will I live for eternity?

Your alarm clock goes off, you get ready for work, eat breakfast, drink your coffee and then bam, almost immediately you are faced with the question, "will I live for what I can see, knowing it will soon disappear?  Or will I live for eternity?

When we put our work before God - we are living for the "now".

When we put our hobbies before God - we are living for the "now".

When we put our family before God - we are living for the "now".

Don't get me wrong, the "now" is important, but only in the context and priority list of following after our relationship with God.

Here's what I know:  When I put God first, then my "living for the now" becomes incredibly better!

Jesus said it this way in Matthew 6:33, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all these things will be added to you."

And what's really cool is that when we put God first, we not only receive temporary benefits (happiness, spiritual security, emotional help) but we will receive an eternal reward!

Revelation 22:12 tell us, (Jesus is talking) "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work."

Did you notice there that Jesus is not coming to set up his kingdom?  He's coming for his people because he cares about the people of his kingdom, people who have given a lifetime to Him because they believed what he said, and they wanted to please him and they chose to be faithful.

Listen, God notices and cares about every decision you make to live for the "now" or for the "forever".  

What is your choice today?

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: