Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 24, 2013

God's presence in a business meeting

If I could be slightly cynical for just a second, historically, Annual Business Meetings of the church (in every church in America) are times when the people of God lay aside walking in the spirit and walk in the flesh for a night.

Many come to these meetings like those who run to see a car wreck.  They love the thrill of seeing something negative happen.

That was not last night.

As I was leading our Annual Business Meeting last evening, I had an unusual experience in the sense of sensing God's presence and anointing in a way that is normally reserved for worship settings.

In reading the constitution and bylaws requirements for the meeting, I begin to sense and feel God's presence in a way that I have come to recognize as a powerful visitation of God's Spirit.   

At first, I gauged my feelings as to the natural anxiety of leading such a meeting - but then I began to recognize that it was God's anointing - and realized that the table where I was sitting (on the platform) was at the exact same spot where God visited me on Sunday morning when Nathan Morris prayed for me.

Powerful stuff.

Here is what I know: 

We talk about our praises as "sweet smelling incense" before the Lord.

Many times, when the anointing, or the presence of God visits God's people in a sanctuary or in a certain place, that presence, that Skekinah glory, will linger.  The "smell" of the fragrance of God's anointing will continue to permeate.

As a church family, we meet for about 30 - 35 minutes, conducting the business of the church - made an appeal for adjournment - and then came down and worshipped God.

It was moving to me to see God's people hungry for more of God's presence.

My dear church family - God is moving.

Can I encourage you again to come expecting this Sunday?

No comments: