Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Using a pencil instead of an pen

Here's what I know:  When we sin - God always writes down our sins with a pencil and not a pen.

Paul writes in Romans 8:1,2 (Which we will look at in tonight's bible study):

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life has set me free from the law of sin and death."

There is no condemnation in Christ.  To those in Christ.

Sometimes we are harder on ourselves than God is.

I read a story today in which the author writes, "One day, while I was grieving over some past failures, I received a letter from a friend who told me how she and her granddaughter had been watching a plane sky write.  The little girl was puzzled when the words began disappearing, but suddenly piped up, "Maybe Jesus has an eraser!"

In her innocent wisdom I realized that just as skywriting disappears, Jesus wipes away all things I so bitterly regret.   No matter how much we mature as Christians, and try desperately to compensate, memories of our own failure can rise up and haunt us.  But with God's forgiveness, they will fade away - and Jesus does have an eraser."

I am very grateful today that when I sin, Jesus always writes down my sin with a pencil and not a pen.  His love is unconditional. 

So why not exchange your perfectionism for His peace today?

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: