Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Many, many thanks for all of the volunteers who came out to help make our annual church picnic such a success!  We were blessed to have great weather.

I enjoyed watching our church family play bags and volleyball.

The food was exceptionally good.

Loved the desserts! 

Congrats to all the ladies who won prizes for their pies and/cakes.

Here what I know about Pentecostal people - we do know how to eat - and eat well!

I wonder what kind of potlucks will be in heaven?  :)

Thanks to our hard working pastoral staff as well!

Wasn't it wonderful to hear the testimonies of God's grace and forgiveness Sunday morning? 

The Teen Challenge presentation was stirring.  Heartwarming.  It filled all of us with thanksgiving and praise to a powerful God.  A God who can change even or especially the most "down and outer" there is.

I loved hearing the "holy roar" of God's people in worship.

Really like the "life group video."  Life groups - it makes you want to shout!

I encourage you to sign up for a life group - and/or a "My Journey with Jesus," Bible class.

Only the Holy Spirit can truly change someone's heart.

I can't change anyone on my own.  God can.

I am not God.  You are not God. 

Maybe, just maybe, the principle is that we need to let God change that "person" in our lives.

Professional football starts again this week!

Go Cowboys!

It seems like the players are getting bigger and bigger, stronger and stronger.

Did you know that it is said that knowledge (information) now increases every two days?

Thankful to the Lord for the three people who raised their hands for salvation this Sunday!

To go into Syria or not?  Tough call. 

Love you all.....

No comments: