Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend - and a prayer from Ignatius Loyola

Thoughts from the weekend:

Beautiful fall days - you have to love them.

I really like taking walks with Debbie in the evening - as the sun sets.

Congratulations to all my Chicago Bears friends (fans).  You are now 3-0.  Just remember:  You started out last season 7-1.  :) :)

God is an "on time" God - as in the case (as we saw yesterday) of arriving on the scene just as Abraham was going to sacrifice his son Isaac.

I would suggest that Abraham was the happiest guy on the planet after God stopped him.

And then God provides a ram to take the place of Isaac!

Our God is truly Jehovah Jireh - The "God who provides."

Do you have a need today?  Trust God to provide.

Yesterday was such a great day of worship - next Sunday can't come soon enough!

It was wonderful to see the men and women of God on their faces or knees before Him yesterday after each service.  Truly, as we commit ourselves to Him, He will do incredible things!

Many, many thanks to all of our volunteers at Stone Church. 

Your faithfulness is a continual encouragement to all of us on the pastoral staff!

We love you and appreciate you!

So much anger in the world (Shooting at Cornell Park over the weekend).  My prayer is that we can represent God's peace to the world.

God is beginning to plant within my heart and spirit a theme for our church for 2014.  More to come.

I would ask that you consider bringing a friend this Sunday.  We encourage you to invite and bring a non-churched friend!

Our desire is to see people connect with Jesus Christ!

Going back to the thought of God being "Jehovah Jireh".

Did you know that as you pray in the name of Jesus, knowing that God is your provider, that God is capable of meeting your every need?

Ignatius Loyola was the youngest of eleven children.  He grew up in Spain centuries ago.  At 43 years of age (at that time considered to be old), Loyola took an enormous step of faith that involved the surrender of all his wealth and worldly claims.

Having moved to Paris, Ignatius gathered six disciples around him to establish a new order called "the Company of Jesus," or Jesuits.

Incredibly, just 22 years later at Loyola's death in 1556, those half-dozen disciples had grown to 1000, many of whom - like Francis Xavier who visited 52 nations in just 10 years - had gone to the ends of the earth as foreign missionaries.

But most significant is the fact that Ignatius Loyola trusted God completely.

As he neared life's end, Loyola prayed with passion:

Take, Lord, all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my whole being.

You have given me all that I have,
all that I am,
and I surrender all to Your divine will,
that You dispose of me.

Give me only Your love and Your grace,
with this I am rich enough,
and I have no more to ask."

May that be your prayer today as it is mine.



No comments: