Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Seasons of tempation

The past couple of years, there has been a Robin that has built her nest right outside my office window at the church.

She just came back today.

What that means is this:  Spring is just around the corner.

A new season has arrived.

I say this a lot (and have even blogged about it before) - that I am a big, big believer in seasons.

While you may or may not live in an area of the country (or world) that has seasons, life itself does.

There are seasons of joy.  There are seasons of sorrow.

There are seasons of victory.  There are seasons of defeat.

Well, you get the idea.

Life is fluid, it never stays the same. 

Seasons come and seasons go.

One of the seasons (that I didn't get to fully explain this past Sunday in my teaching) that we go through are seasons of temptation.

There are certain times and situations where you and I as followers of Christ are more vulnerable to temptation than at other times.

Satan knows this.

He studies you.  He studies me.  He studies us to find out what season is it where we are more vulnerable than others to his fiery darts.

Here's what I know:  It is important to be aware of the seasons of high temptation and be ready to defend yourself spiritually during these times.

Ask yourself:

When am I the most likely to be tempted?

What day of the week?  What time of day? 

Where am I most likely to be tempted?

At work?  At home?  At a neighbor's house?

At a bar?  In an airport or hotel out of town?

Who is with you when you are the most likely to be tempted?

Friends?  Coworkers?  A crowd of strangers?  When you are alone?

How are you feeling when you are tempted?

Tired?  Lonely?  Bored?  Depressed?  Stressed out?  Angry?  Worried?

One of the keys of spiritual victory in the midst of battle is to know when and how the enemy will attack.  Be aware of Satan's tactics, friends!

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: