Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Key choices in life

I must admit that there are times in my life where I get discouraged.

When I do, I know that I can rely upon the Holy Spirit go give me encouragement.  To strengthen me.  I know that there are people around me who will lift me up, if not by their words, then by their mere positive presence.

However, many times, it comes down to simply this:  A choice that I make.

Life is full of choices, some of them "big" and some of them "small".

When I begin to lose my joy, when I being to feel down, it all comes down to a choice to move on, keep going and let God have His way.

Author Carol Kent, in her book, "A New Kind of Normal," writes this:

When despair tries to take me under....I choose life.

When I wonder what God could possibly be thinking....I choose trust.

When I desperately want relief from unrelenting reality....I choose perseverance.

When I feel oppressed by my disappointment and sorrow....I choose gratitude.

When I want to keep my feelings to myself....I choose vulnerability.

When nothing goes according to my plan...I choose relinquishment.

When I want to point a finger...I choose forgiveness.

When I want to give up....I choose purposeful action.

My word to you today?  Don't give up!  Keep on going!

God has a plan and a purpose for your life!

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: