Total Pageviews

Monday, January 03, 2011

Thoughts from my vacation

Thoughts from my vacation:

It's great to spend time with family.

One of my favorite moments during the holiday season:  Watching my granddaughter, Georgia eating her first ice cream cone.  No instruction needed.  It was gone in minutes.  I loved it!  Chocolate of course.

Celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.  Dinner out - fantastic.  Being with Debbie for 30 years - priceless.

Favorite movie that we saw - True Grit.  Loved the action and the acting.  The young lady who played the 14 year old girl in the movie (Maddie) showed many different layers of emotion and personality.

Another favorite moment:  watching my family opening their Christmas gifts.

Went and saw the musical, "Million Dollar Quartet."  Fun stuff.  Great music.  It's interesting as to the spiritual, Christian, church roots that Elvis, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis had.  At that one setting, along with Carl Perkins, they basically sat around singing church hymns.

Another favorite moment:  Eating Christmas dinner.  Debbie did her exceptional fantastic job again.

I love my family.  I love my wife.  I love Christie and Andrew, Becky and George.  And I love Georgia.

I am proud of all three of my children (and Andrew also). 

When all is said and done, outside of my relationship with Christ, family is the most important thing in my life.

And....the big announcement....are you ready?  Christie, my oldest daughter is pregnant again!  They are expecting child number two - our second grandchild.  Just call me "grandpa"....or "papa".....

No comments: