Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My value in Christ

Debbie and I were channeling surfing other day on the television (or I should say I was) and we stopped and dwelled for about 10 minutes on the 1964 film "Goldfinger."  One of the great, early, James Bond movies.  My opinion?  Sean Connery was the best.

For that movie, James Bond drove a 1964 Aston Martin.  Beautiful car.

I read the other day that the car recently sold for $4.6 million.

It is the same car as they used in the movie.

Why did the car sell for 4.6 million? This Aston Martin was driven by James Bond.

The car has some pretty cool features: guns that poke through the tail lights, a license plate that rotates, and best of all, a passenger seat capable of ejecting its occupant.

None of these features actually work, however.

But this is a car from the James Bond movies, and more specifically, it was driven by Sean Connery as James Bond. Although it is a cool car, the value is not in the car itself. The value is in who drove the car.

As believers, our value in us is God, who takes residence in us.

We are reminded in 2 Corinthians 4:7, "We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves."

Know that as a child of God, you are worth something.  God created you as a person of value. 

No matter what everyone is saying around you - you are important to God.

Why not repeat after me, "In Jesus Christ, I am somebody"!

No comments: