Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I deeply appreciated the moving of the Holy Spirit in yesterday's services.  A powerful, powerful sense of God's presence.

We need the anointing!

I am excited about the way our worship is headed.  Truly we are learning to become worshippers! 

There is such a huge difference between "singing songs" and "worshipping God." 

Our choir did a fantastic job in the first service of helping to "lead in worship."

There is a difference between being a worshipper and leading in worshipper.

A good worship leader worships God. 

A great worship leader worships God AND leads in worship.

Deep down inside, I believe people are hungry for a deeper walk with God.

I am thankful for everyone's prayers last week as I was sick.

Last week was our week of prayer and fasting - with a special emphasis on praying for the sick.  Great man of faith that I am - I got sick.  In bed for several days.  Slept a lot.  Chills, fever, upper respiratory. 

Yet, I was able to recover enough yesterday to speak. 

We continue to fast and pray.

"Da Bears".  Chicago versus Green Bay next Sunday at 2:00 P.M.  It will be an historic meeting.

My Super Bowl pick?  It's been a wild and crazy year.

I would like to see the Chicago Bears (I'm going to be a "homer" here) versus the New York Jets.  That would be a great game with a lot of colorful personalities.

Every time I am sick - I am reminded of how thankful I am for health.

Great life group last night.  John Hiller does a fantastic job in leading us.

Francis Chan is "cool".  Steve McQueen cool.

I sense God is going to do something great in our church this year - I don't know what - but I am "on the lookout." 

No comments: