Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Like the Apostle Paul, I stood up there on Sunday and spoke about repentance with "much fear and trembling."  It is not a lot of fun to remind us all that we sin and we are in need to repent. 

I preach on repentance with a great deal of humility.

Repentance always comes before the anointing.

I am thankful that our church family responded to the call for repentance - and took it seriously.

No matter how we spin it - sin is still sin - and needs to be taught about.

God is in the midst of doing something "new" and "powerful" in our church.  Right now, it is behind the scenes.  God is preparing our hearts.

God is going throughout the Southland of Chicago, looking for a church upon whom he can trust with His anointing, His power and His might.

My desire is that we be that church.

More of God - less of us.

"Father, set our hearts on fire"!

My condolences to all Chicago Bears fans. 

It's in my job description to always show love and compassion - but I have to say this - Jay Culter committed the unforgivable sin - he quit on his team. 

As Mike Ditka said, "they would have had to carry me off to leave the game."

Great life group leaders meeting yesterday.  I am thankful for a committed, Christ-honoring group of leaders/hosts.

Several of our life groups need to multiply.

For a Dallas Cowboy fan, nothing could be worse than a Packer - Steeler Super Bowl.  It becomes the lesser of two "evils" for me.

However, I am going with the Packers.  Green Bay 31 - Pittsburgh 24.

My uncle Walt died.  May he "Rest In Peace."  He was a good guy.

I am looking forward to Sunday morning......and it is only Monday!

No comments: