Total Pageviews

Monday, August 16, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

What a powerful service yesterday!

I began a three week series from the Book of Acts chapter 2, and challenged everyone to come around the altars to pray.

Many, in fact most responded.

People were still lingering around the altars until 12:30 P.M, worshipping God and waiting upon Him.

I am so appreciative and thrilled at the hunger I sensed yesterday for more of God's Spirit and power.

Our "success" as we transition, will only take place as we rely upon God's power and might.

Paul writes, "The kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." (1 Corinthians 4:20)

And again, my prayer for our church is the prayer that Andrew Bonar wrote in his diary on December 13, 1880, "I long more and more to be filled with the Spirit, and to see my congregation moved and melted under the Word, as in great revival times, 'the place shaken where they are assembled together," because the Lord has come in power."

I'll tell you what will draw people to our church, even more than powerful preaching, wonderful worship or fantastic fellowship, it's when they see God's power and anointing being manifested.

May it be so, Lord!

No comments: