Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The availabilty of the Holy Spirit

I have heard people say, "Oh, if only I could have been there to talk to Jesus." "If only I could of hung out with Jesus while he was here on this earth."

I have often thought of that as well.

Yet Jesus gives us some interesting words in John 16:7, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."

Did you notice that?

"It is to your advantage that I go away." What did Jesus mean by that?

Well, one thing is this. While it would have been very cool to have personal, "face time" with Jesus over 2000 years ago, it would have also been very difficult.

Jesus had physical limitations during His time on this planet.

He could only see so many people at one time.

He was one man. He could only speak with people one at a time or in groups.

But the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is available to all believers at the same time and at all times.

Through His Holy Spirit, God speaks to us personally.

There is no waiting list. There is no long line to attend to.

The Holy Spirit never puts us on hold. There is no numerical list to follow:

For help - press one

For advice - press two

For healing - press three

For encouragement - press four

Well, you get the idea. The Holy Spirit is the channel by which I communicate with God.

Thank you God, for making your Holy Spirit so available to us!

No comments: