Total Pageviews

Monday, August 09, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

We had close to 70 people show up for our Saturday morning work day at our new church campus.

I was thrilled at the response. Everyone worked very hard. There was a great spirit. The excitement was high!

We have such a loving, caring, "willing to serve" group of people.

Windows were washed, carpets were vacuumed, floors were mopped.

I am so grateful for everyone who came!

I went and saw Russ Bettenhausen last night at the hospital. He should be released today.

Russ had his right foot amputated a couple of years ago and had another inch taken off due to infection.

Yet his faith in God remains strong. His belief that God could heal him remains steadfast.

Yesterday morning....I genuinely experienced the presence of the Lord in a personal way. God is on the move - our desire is to worship and praise Him!

Only a few more weeks until we move!

Watched Emmitt Smith's Hall of Fame induction speech. I was thrilled as the first words out of his mouth were, "I would like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

What a powerful testimony. He described himself as a "man of faith."

It's a shame that all we hear about (in sports) are the "less than intelligent" who do stupid stuff.

There are a lot of good guys out there as well, men and women who love God.

No comments: