Total Pageviews

Monday, June 28, 2010

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

I was thrilled on Saturday as I took Debbie and my mother-in-law, June Sites through our new church campus on 183rd!

Our church sign is now up, most of the rooms are painted, the flooring in the kitchen is being put in, our transition is coming soon!

As I shared yesterday in both services, I am as excited as a dog with three tails to wag. Great stuff! It won't be long.

In both morning services (specifically in the first service) there was a wonderful sense of God's presence. I spoke on the subject of forgiveness.

The punchline? Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right, forgiveness sets us free.

And then...the church picnic ended up being a rousing success. We had a great time of relationship, along with softball, swimming and at the end (I was told) a water "fight."

All in all a great day.

And then...yesterday afternoon, Christie came over from Michigan with Georgia. They both are sweethearts. Georgia is so full of life. I love them both dearly.

All right, I must admit that I am back on the White Sox bandwagon. I was never really "off" of it, but it has been tough (up until the last three weeks) to stay interested. All of a sudden, 11 in a row. Huge, big time stuff.

Finally, a loss yesterday. But still. Back in the pennant race.

No comments: