Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Conversations with God

Philip Yancey has written:

"If prayer stands as the place where God and human beings meet, then I must learn about prayer. Most of my struggles in the Christian life circle around the same two themes: why God doesn't act the way we want God to, and why I don't act the way God wants me to. Prayer is the precise point where those themes converge."

I encourage you to read that quote a couple of times, if not several times.

It is true. It is correct. It is on target.

In my conversations with God, I do find that when it comes down to it, my dialogue with Him is based on:

- Why aren't you doing things in the way I think they should go?

- Why can't I act in the way you want me to act?

I am trying to make it a point in my times of sharing with God to go beyond those two questions. To talk about life.....what do you think about this, God? What do you think about that? Wasn't that great, Lord? Did you see that, Father?

To go beyond "just" presenting to the Father my frustrations or needs. To really have a conversation with Him about life, about well....everything.

It's a continual dialogue with my creator.

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: