Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Worry

At best, I am a recovering worrier.
 
I can worry with the best of them.
 
What is worry?  It is assuming responsibility that God never intended for me to have.
 
It is trying to control the uncontrollable.
 
We all worry about something - and at its core - it is essentially a control issue. 
 
Worry is trying to control the uncontrollable.
 
We can't control our health so we worry about our health.  We can't control our jobs, so we worry about our jobs.  We can't control our economy, so we worry about the economy.  We can't control our children, so we worry about our children.  We can't control the future, so we worry about the future. 
 
Worry says, "if it is to be, it is up to me."
 
I would suggest that all worry does it make you and I miserable.
 
This coming Sunday morning - I am going to share a teaching entitled, "How to break free from the prison of fear." 
 
We will be learning and studying principles of dealing with fear and worry.
 
One of them is this:  Live one day at a time. 
 
Today is all you have.
Today is all you need.
Today is all you can handle. 
 
Some people put more faith in their fears than the do in God.  "Well, if I can just be fearful enough - it might go away."
 
No, my friends, let's put our faith in God.
 
As someone once said, "Every evening I turn my worries over to God - He's going to be up all night anyway."
 
Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: