Total Pageviews

Monday, August 05, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I don't know about you, but Debbie and I have been enjoying the cool evenings the past few days.

It has been so nice as we have been taking a walk about the same time in the evening.

Beautiful.

One of the many reasons why we love living in Chicago!

Had a great birthday last Friday.

Many, many thanks to all who called, emailed are sent a card of congratulations!

I appreciate your love!

57 years old!

In some ways, I feel like I am just "coming into my own" concerning ministry.

It is one of those things that we say, "If I knew then what I knew now," kind of thing.

I hope you noticed the two T.V. in the foyer yesterday.  These have been placed there in order for our church family to listen to and take note of the important announcements of events in our church (BTW, the TV's were donated).

Our philosophy is that we have two primary goals for our Sunday morning worship experience:  To emphasize the Word and to emphasize our Worship.

We desire to do everything we can to promote and facilitate the teaching of God's Word and our Worship before an almighty God.

It was interesting yesterday.  "Tons" of people gone on vacation - however - we had "lots" of visitors!

People coming and people going on vacation.

It is that time of year.

Great staff meeting today.

I am thankful for a great staff - one of the best I have ever ministered with.

I can sense it - and I pray that you do to - that God is going to do a GREAT THING this fall!

Please put these two events on your personal calendars:

Saturday evening, August 24, 2013, at 6:00 P.M.  - Holy Spirit Revival service.  Worship and a teaching from Dr. Bob Menzies, the foremost Assemblies of God theologian on the subject of the Holy Spirit.

Sunday, September 1, 2013.  One service at 10:30 A.M.  Church picnic to follow.  Teen Challenge will be with us that day in ministry.

Love you all!

No comments: