Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Present peace

One of the things that I struggle with is the ability to have presence peace.

Contentment.

It is within my DNA to always keep on pressing on, reaching new goals, obtaining more for the Kingdom of God.

In my walk with Christ, I am in a continual state of learning how to experience God's peace in the present.

To rejoice and be glad for what I have - and what God is now giving me.

Here's what I know - and trust will minister to you today:

In our troubled situations, Jesus breathes calm.

In a raging storm, Jesus said to his guys, "Peace, be still!"  (Mark 4:39.

In the worst of storms, Jesus is there to give us emotional peace.

Madame Guyon once said poetically:

To me remains no place nor time;
My country is in every clime;
I can be calm and free from care
On any shore, since God is there.

Today, know, without a shadow of a doubt, that God is there, gives me present peace.

In our troubled situations, Jesus breathes unity.

Paul writes in Romans 5:1, "We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

What unity are we talking about?  Unity with the Father.  Unity with the Holy Spirit.  We are "knit as one" with Jesus Christ.  In Jesus we "have an anchor" that securely positions us permanently in a safe harbor.

To know that I am united with God himself, gives me present peace.

In our troubled situations, Jesus breathes reconciliation.

Paul writes in Ephesians 2:14, "He Himself is our peace, who has made both one...."

I say this a lot:  With Jesus in me and Jesus in you, Jesus isn't going to argue with Jesus.  The God of Peace can reconcile us to anyone with whom we have experienced relational challenges. 

We vastly underestimate the power of the Holy Spirit to bring healing in broken relationships.

To know that God can heal broken relationships, gives me present peace.

May God give you His peace today.

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: