Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The power of spontaneous unity

I have always found it very, very interesting to note that on the night that Jesus was arrested, he prayed in John 17:20-23:

"My prayer is not for them alone.  I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.  May they also be in us so that they world may believe that you have sent me.  I have given them the glory that your gave me, that they may be one as we are one:  I in them and you in me.  May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

Incredible things happened as we come together in complete, total and even (or especially) spontaneous unity.

Reaching out to those in need. 

Stopping to pray with someone.

Inviting a guest (to our church) out to lunch on a Sunday afternoon.

Giving someone else the benefit of the doubt.

Forgiving others.

Letting someone else have their own way.

Here's what I know:  everyone has a unique instrument in the body of Christ, and a unique sound, but together, playing together, working together, ministering together, loving one another, it makes a beautiful Rhapsody.

An example of this is the video of a little girl, who stops to give money to a street performer and unwittingly begins an outdoor concert that brings joy to the life of others (the song is the hymn, "Joyful, Joyful, we adore thee."

I encourage you to click on this video:

http://god-bless-you.org/stunning-flash-mob-concert/#IOscqOBHcVAUFfAu.01

May God help us to walk in unity!

Love you all.

No comments: