Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

David and the Holy Spirit

King David in the Old Testament is one of my favorite Bible characters.

A mighty man of God - full of God's power and Spirit - yet extremely honest about his flaws and sins.

After his sin with Bathsheba, David comes in repentance to God and prayed for spiritual renewal.

He knows, he knows all too well that without a gracious reply from God, he would be without the sustaining presence of God's Spirit.

He prays in Psalms 51:1-12, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit."

More than anything else, we as Christians rely upon the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

We need the Holy Spirit.

You need the Holy Spirit.

I need the Holy Spirit.

Can I share this with you?

The biggest thing that will rob you and I from a direct connection to the Holy Spirit is the word - are you ready?  The word sin.

Sin.

More than anything else sin will sever your relationship with God.

Do you feel an absence of the Holy Spirit in your life?

Just a suggestion:  Let God search your heart today - and ask for forgiveness for any known and unknown sin in your life.

If you do - I guarantee you that like David, you will have a renewed sense of the joy of  the Lord in your heart, a willing spirit to do his work and a steadfast spirit within your spirit.

Just a thought for a Thursday.


No comments: