Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I can't control everything (anything) in life.  But I am thankful that God is in control.

Every once in a while, we need to stand back, take a deep breath, and get an overall, godly perspective of the events and situations in our lives.

We can't dismiss the pain that others are walking through, until we have "walked a mile in their shoes."

Sometimes all we can do is to hang on to Isaiah 50:7, "Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced.  Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame."

Great having Becky home with us in Chicago.

God works all things together for good!

With so many of our church family still on vacation, it was nice to "meet and greet" several visitors.

Great job by all of our ministry leaders and workers in setting up their tables for our ministry fair!

Well done!

Many, many thanks to those who came on Saturday do help out with our "work day".  A lot was accomplished - the church campus grounds look great!

Thanks for taking time out of your Saturday to come and help.

TOGETHER, we can make a difference in our community.

I encourage everyone to prayerfully sign up for a ministry in the foyer!

We need you!

Life groups are rebooting for the fall.  Meeting in homes is biblical, strengthening and fun!

Life groups are life changing!

Love you all......

No comments: